NEED HELP: MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL PHONE NUMBERS

MAYOR E-MAIL CKLANSDELL@DISHMAIL.NET

DISTRICT 1 - J.O. FRANKS 359-4696

DISTRICT 2 - DANIEL GLOVER 359-4364

DISTRICT 3 - MICHAEL MALONE 359-6413

DISTRICT 4 - PATRICIA MASON 359-4220

DISTRICT 5 - THELMA LAMBERT 359-4921







Monday, August 30, 2010

REBUTTAL TO STILL NO PAY

SOMEONE UNDER THE NAME MARSHA ALLEN POSTED THIS

If I had been fired, I would have gladly volunteered my time to help the town. But the mayor has the authority to hire me and I deserve to be paid. I am NOT volunteering, I was hired by the mayor as his secretary. Alabama Law allows him to do so. It was a common misconception that I was fired, in fact all the council did was refuse to pay me after I had already received four consecutive paychecks. I have continued to work since they voted not to pay me. I go into work, clock in and out just like every other employee of the town. I will be there as he needs me to be. Especially when the mayor is in the office, whether it is for one day a week or for five days a week. He needs someone with experience and that communicates with him to help him carry out the business plan that he was elected to do. Part of which is to improve the quality of life and job market in Cherokee. Remember he was elected for three consecutive terms and ran unopposed in the last election, so the choice was clear as to whom the town wanted as their mayor. He was elected to take care of the whole town not just one district.

4 comments:

  1. Well look back at the meeting minutes and see if she actually was fired and go from there. I really do not believe she was legally fired or let go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHE WAS NOT FIRED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked the minutes and she was not fired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if the council did fire her, which I don't believe they did, all the mayor had to do is turn around and hire her right back. That is the authority he is given by Alabama Law and the council can not take it away. Some of the council members need to read the Code of Alabama and educate themselves.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT AWAY